multistore version

Topics: Customize & Extend, General
Jul 6, 2013 at 12:16 PM
hi, when do you think the multi-store version will be ready ? will it include the latest nop changes in the product config (no variants ) ?
Jul 6, 2013 at 9:48 PM
I think the changes in the product variants ist very important to include.
Coordinator
Jul 9, 2013 at 10:41 AM
The multi-store feature will be available soon, you can check the progress yourself by investigating the corresponding feature branch in the source code tab. The product manager refactoring is in the pipeline and will also be implemented soon, but this will take a little longer, because we didn't even began yet ;-)
Jul 9, 2013 at 12:40 PM
i think we should seriously give a hand here.
Sep 20, 2013 at 5:45 PM
Edited Sep 20, 2013 at 5:46 PM
muratcakir wrote:
The multi-store feature will be available soon
Do you have an aproximate date when multi-store will be available?
Sep 26, 2013 at 4:13 PM
Could someone please answer my questions?
Coordinator
Sep 26, 2013 at 4:17 PM
The multistore feature was already merged with the develop branch. So if if you pull the develop branch the multi store feature is available.
Sep 27, 2013 at 5:23 PM
is this multistore only without multivendor ?
Sep 27, 2013 at 5:30 PM
works great. i am a little disappointed thought to see smartstore still uses the old variant system ... nevertheless, you guys are doing a good job. keep it up.
Coordinator
Sep 30, 2013 at 3:09 PM
Hi scharada,

we didn't implement the multivendor functionality because we think most people don't need it.

We're currently building a new variant system for SmartStore.NET but it'll still take us some more weeks to push it to codeplex.

And now the most important: Thanks for your compliment ;-)

Regards,
Michael
Oct 2, 2013 at 2:48 PM
Hi!
I am new to Smartstore and I have a few questions. I have been requested by an important European firm to outline a project which will include the development of several stores oriented to the German/French/English speaking market. It should be based in MS platform and therefore Smartstore is one of the possible candidates. My questions are:
  • Is there any documentation available for the multisore?
  • Does it consider different pricing and currencies in different countries? Example a product in Germany could be €100, in France €95 and in GB £80.
  • Is it possible to have different payment and shipping methods for different stores?
  • What is the date when the multitenant option will be available?
  • Do you or partners provide some paid customization services to assist us? They must be in English.
Thanks in advance for your information and asistance.

Regards

Ronald
Coordinator
Oct 2, 2013 at 11:27 PM
Hi Ronald,
Is there any documentation available for the multisore?
I'm afraid not yet a complete user guide, but major tipps about proper webserver configuration.
Does it consider different pricing and currencies in different countries? Example a product in Germany could be €100, in France €95 and in GB £80.
Different currencies: Yes! Different pricing: only store-wide discounts, which affect all products though, not specific ones.
Is it possible to have different payment and shipping methods for different stores?
Yes
What is the date when the multitenant option will be available?
Not scheduled yet, other areas have higher priority at the moment.
Do you or partners provide some paid customization services to assist us? They must be in English.
Yes, of course.
Oct 3, 2013 at 2:33 PM
Edited Oct 3, 2013 at 3:14 PM
Thank you Murat for your prompt response. Smartstore seems to be quite flexible. I have a some other questions:
  • Is it possible to have several warehouses for the same product and specify different prices and delivery charge?
  • Multitenant feature is important for my company. Do you think it will be available within the first semester of 2014?
  • Could you please give me the links to your 3 best showcases?
    Thanks again for your help
Regards

Ronald
Coordinator
Oct 3, 2013 at 4:15 PM
Is it possible to have several warehouses for the same product and specify different prices and delivery charge?
No, not at the moment.
Multitenant feature is important for my company. Do you think it will be available within the first semester of 2014?
I don't think it's realistic. We have other priorities (like WebApi, better Plugin architecture with an in-app gallery, better catalog management, etc.)
Could you please give me the links to your 3 best showcases? 
Oct 7, 2013 at 2:34 PM
Thank you Murat for your prompt and honest answers.

Regards

Ronald
Oct 7, 2013 at 3:32 PM
I have a further question: Do you have any plans to integrate Smart Store with one of the main CMS such as Orchard or N2?

Regards

Ronald
Coordinator
Oct 9, 2013 at 2:56 PM
MrBoesch wrote:
I have a further question: Do you have any plans to integrate Smart Store with one of the main CMS such as Orchard or N2?

Regards

Ronald
There is no proper way to integrate an e-commerce solution into Orchard other than writing native Orchard modules. Something like a bridge module would be somewhat crippled. Porting all SmartStore.NET commerce specific stuff to Orchard modules is definitely a huge challenge and rather senseless.

But: Orchard is a great platform. We build our new website with it ;-)
Nov 7, 2013 at 2:30 PM
Hi:
I am pleased that, after a deep research in our company, Smartstore is one of the finalist applications for building our online stores :). But our company has to big concerns about it:
1) Smartstore is a young company and there is no guarantee for its existence for at least 3 more years.
2) There is a legal dispute about the violation of Nopcommerce licence rights by Smartstore and our company by no means wants to get involved in any legal problems by using Smartstore software. Furthermore they feel that if Smartstore loses that dispute its future may be hindered.
I would appreciate some comments from Smartstore members on these matters.

Regards

Ronald
Coordinator
Nov 7, 2013 at 2:49 PM
We're not as young and fresh as we look like ;-)

In fact we're very old. We're in the business of developing e-commerce solutions since 1999.

You're right there is a dispute. But that's all there is. A dispute between two parties.
I highly doubt this will ever see a courtroom (just like the most of the open source disputes)
and if it does it still is a matter between two parties.

There's absolutely no legal base to get any users envolved.

Regards,
Michael
Apr 7 at 10:40 PM
Edited Apr 7 at 10:41 PM
MichaelHerzog wrote:
I highly doubt this will ever see a courtroom (just like the most of the open source disputes)

Regards,
Michael
Well, it did reach the court. Results by the end of may
Coordinator
Apr 8 at 1:05 PM
Thanks for the notification, but I knew that already ;-) And yes! I've guessed wrong. We'll see about may... though I'd hope to have a final settlement then too!!!
Apr 8 at 3:35 PM
The best settlement would be, as some have suggested, that both parties reach an agreement and start working together for the benefit of all users
Coordinator
Apr 8 at 3:43 PM
Yes, this would be nice! But the dirtier the game gets the more unlikely this scenario becomes. But nothing is impossible! I've heard even Apple & Microsoft are friends now ;-)
Apr 8 at 4:15 PM
Edited Apr 8 at 4:16 PM
I fully agree with you. This kind of dispute exacerbates the temper of the parties and they have to be very mature to reconsider scenarios and reach a win-win agreement.
Apr 9 at 5:16 PM
@Michael and @MrBoesch: I can't agree more with you. This scenario would be a win-win-win (Nopcommerce-Smartstore-allUsers)!